The Snapp-Bearden Forsyth Chapel in Branson was first established when Mr. and Mrs. R. O. Whelchel of Hartville moved to Branson in 1906 to open a hardware store. After discerning the need for a funeral home in the area, they opened the first Whelchel Funeral Chapel in 1915 in the basement of their hardware store. Minnie Whelchel became the first female embalmer in Taney County. After many years of servicing the community, expansion was needed, and a new chapel was completed in 1950.
In 1980 the current location was built with a desire to better serve the Forsyth community. The funeral home has been operated by various dedicated funeral professionals since its inception in 1915.
In June of 2023, Darrel and Susan Bearden became the owners and funeral directors in charge and changed the name from Whelchel-Grace to Snapp-Bearden Forsyth Chapel. The family and staff that serve at Snapp-Bearden Forsyth Chapel are dedicated to helping families through one of the hardest times in life.